Real opportunity to grow
As one of Canada's largest employers, CIBC offers a variety of career opportunities. Our people are the key to achieving our vision of being the leader in client relationships, which is why we work hard to create an environment where all employees can excel.
We are proud to have been recently recognized as Strongest Bank in Canada, Strongest Bank in North America, and third Strongest in the world. We have also been named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers, a Best Employer for New Canadians, one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures and one of the 50 Most Socially Responsible Corporations in Canada. In addition, we have eight strong Employee Affinity Networks focused on supporting the professional and personal development of more than 3,000 members
Take a moment to picture yourself working for one of Canada's leading financial institutions, where a spectrum of possible career paths offers you remarkable choice, flexibility - and a real opportunity to grow.
Explore the possibilities
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking - we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC's Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees - access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance - so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Imagine you've just helped a young couple with the purchase of their first home and they've given you something equally important, a smile that says thank you for helping them take the right steps to achieve their goals and aspirations. At CIBC, you'll enjoy an exciting sales and service career that's very rewarding, where you're making a difference in our clients' lives every day. So if you haven't thought about a career with CIBC, think again.
Using proven sales and service skills, you will be able to provide an exceptional experience for new and walk-in clients. Your ability to understand and meet client needs will be key to your success.
To help you determine whether this position is a match to your skills and interests, please take approximately 90 seconds to watch the following Job Preview Video
Job Preview Video
- To provide an exceptional experience for new and existing clients by identifying their needs through the utilization of CIBC Financial tools
- Will be required to plan business activities to meet weekly sales, service and referral targets for personal and small business clients
- Will be responsible for proactively initiating phone calls to book appointments with clients to discuss their needs and to offer financial solutions
- Accountable for accurately capturing and validating clients' personal and financial information, ensuring all documentation is completed in accordance with CIBC policies and procedures
- Act as Branch Manager during his/her absence
- Demonstrate a strong code of ethics while adhering to and protecting client privacy
What We're Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC's values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Preferred candidates will have completed the required courses, IFIC, or CSC (Canadian Investment Funds Course/Canadian Securities Course) prior to the start date. Exceptions may be made available, however required accreditation must be in place within 3 months after start date.
- Must have prior professional experience working towards and achieving sales targets
- Must have initiative and the ability to build strong relationships
- Should be organized and detail oriented
What You Should Know
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends (Saturdays & Sundays)
Rewards and Recognition
At CIBC, we're committed to providing employees with fair and competitive compensation that reflects individual contribution, business performance and related markets. Our total compensation programs are comprised of direct and indirect components. Together they reward employee capability and performance and promote employee well-being.
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Employee Banking Offer
At CIBC, there are formal and informal methods available to acknowledge employee and team contributions throughout the year. Formal recognition programs recognize outstanding performance by individuals and teams at CIBC. CIBC's formal programs include the CIBC Achievers Program, eAchievers and the Chairman's Council and President's Council Awards in Wood Gundy. We developed these programs to reward those who demonstrate our core values of Trust, Teamwork and Accountability.
Industry: Financial Services and Banking
Job Function: Sales and Business Development